Help with finding out more about Being a Christian
If you would welcome a chat.
Being a Christian is the best adventure you could begin. God loves and cares about you. He wants you to know His love, His forgiveness and acceptance through Christ. He has a plan and purpose for each human life. To be a Christian is to be living the fullest human life possible.
The best way to discover more is to meet a real life Christian! There are plenty of people who would love to meet up and listen to where you are coming from. They won’t bash you over the head with a bible! But will share their faith as much as is helpful. If you email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, we would love to connect you with a local Christian who you can spend some time with.
If you’d rather do a bit of surfing to find out more…
This is a great website with lots of useful, short articles about all kinds of questions.
This website has really clear material on living the life of a Christian by looking at the Lord’s Prayer, the Commandments and you can discover the Beatitudes and the Creed.
These might be helpful pages to start with:
Summary pages on what Christians believe
- What do Christians believe?
- More on What do Christians believe?
- What is Christianity All About?
- What is a Christian?
- More about God Who God says He is and how we can get to know Him better
- God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. A short explanation of the Trinity - God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit
- Who is Jesus?
- A poem about why Jesus matters
- Here’s a great article from a national newspaper about the evidence for Jesus’ life
- What is faith and belief? A brief description of what faith is and how beliefs impact on the way we live.
- Do I Have to Lose My Mind to be a Christian?
- Is Christianity true? Some ideas for books to read.
- The Bible (How we know about Jesus in the first place?).
- What on Earth is the Church for?
Lots of churches run courses to explore faith
You can also watch the 3 minute promo here:
And you can watch the first four 20 minute videos here:
If you want to know more about being a Christian disciple, (a follower or apprentice of Christ) go to our Way of Discipleship page.